Jim is a partner and co-founder of Sports Club Advisors. He is an experienced M&A advisor, a successful sports and fitness professional, a successful entrepreneur, and a published author. Jim works with buyers and sellers of fitness and athletic clubs, and provides valuation, operational and value enhancement consulting services nationwide.
Jim has over 30 years of tennis and fitness club experience. He started playing in competitive tennis at the age of 9 and went on to play tennis at Western Illinois University where he was a four-year standout and earned team MVP and all-conference accolades.
After college Jim began his professional career as a tennis pro working at a number of premier tennis and fitness clubs before returning to Western Illinois University to earn his MBA and to serve as assistant coach of the men’s and women’s tennis teams.
Post graduate school, Jim has spent the last 20 years in the investment banking industry while at the same time remaining actively involved in tennis. He has been involved in over a dozen transactions with an estimated market value of over $100 million. In addition, he co-authored Business Valuation for Dummies (Wiley & Sons Publishing – 2009).
- BB – Economics, Western Illinois University (1990)
- MBA – Concentrations in Finance and Marketing, Western Illinois University (1998)
Awards, accolades and other professional responsibilities:
- Midwest Business Brokers and Intermediaries Collaboration Award, 2006
- Professional Tennis Registry Member of the Year for Illinois, 2012
- Midwest Business Brokers and Intermediaries Collaboration Award, 2014
- Professional Tennis Registry – State of Illinois Representative
- Professional Tennis Registry – Faculty Member
- Professional Tennis Registry – Conference Facilitator, Director of Tennis Conference
Memberships of professional organizations:
- Professional Tennis Registry – holder of three certifications:
- High Performance
- 11 – 17
- Adult Development
- United States Tennis Association