UPDATE: This gymnastics center sold in 120 days in an all-cash transaction.
Members: 361 Employees: 10 (PT) 2 (FT) including owner
Square Footage: 3,600 Monthly Rent: $4,300 (gross)
Revenue: $416,000 Net Income: $167,000 Asking Price: $370,000
If you have dreamed of owning a well established, family focused gymnastics center, this is your chance.
Our client is a well established, family owned and operated gymnastics center offering classes for boys and girls ages 3-18 years. Located in a highly desirable suburb of New York City the club draws members from Fairfield, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland and Bronx counties. This club is truly a community fixture for 40 years. Many families have sent their children to the center for multiple generations.
The center offers a wide range of gymnastic programs including:
• Tumbling Tots (for children 3 years to 5 years)
• Recreational Gymnastics (for kids over 5 years old who want to learn gymnastics in a non-competitive atmosphere)
• Competitive Gymnastics Team (Comprised of gymnasts selected from the main program, who train and compete in USA Gymnastics sanctioned competitions )
• Birthday Parties (over 100,000 kids have enjoyed birthday parties at the center)
• Vacation and Summer Camps
The owners are in their 60’s and 80’s and have run this club as a life-style business. They have not focused on growth or increasing profits. As a result, the club is closed most mornings and on Fridays and only open half a day on Saturdays and Sundays. They do not offer private lessons or open gym time so there is a opportunity to add additional programming and easily double revenues and profits in the first year.
After a long and rewarding career, the owner is retiring and moving out of state to be with her family.